Stage Marketing NetAPP
As a Marketing Intern you will support a Marketing Manager or a marketing group on a wide-range of marketing-focused projects and tasks. You will utilize your graphics, spreadsheet analysis, research, and writing skills in this role. Since this is an entry-level role, you will have the opportunity to build marketing expertise and technical knowledge of NetApp’s Products and Services as you contribute directly to departmental goals and deliverables.
You will function as part of a dynamic team that supports a wide range of marketing activities. You will assist with daily operation of the marketing group, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow, and may participate in one or more of the following marketing activities in collaboration with marketing managers and employees from other functional areas.
– Detailed business assessment by product and customer type
– Sales pipeline analysis for forecasting
– Develop and conduct surveys for customer needs and satisfaction from existing products
– Identify business opportunities through market assessment
– Market sizing and segmentation
– Collect and analyze data to evaluate existing and potential product and service markets
– Identify and monitor competitors
– Research market conditions or changes in the industry
– Develop marketing promotions, installed base programs
– Demand generation mailings and fulfillment
– Logistics planning and coordination for events, trade shows and sales meetings, including booth scheduling and shipping; may staff events.
– Marketing collateral coordination
– Premium ordering and shipping
– Work closely with executive staff and product teams
– Maintain close relationships with corporate marketing teams
– Point of contact for internal customers initiating work within the department or checking the status of jobs already in progress.
– Create reports and presentations
– Deliver presentations to multi-level of internal employees and external customers
– Present research results to business leaders
– Support public relations through researching, writing and editing press releases
– Coordinate website content and development with cross-functional teams
– Track invoices and receipts against budget
– Prepare marketing activity reports
– Create timelines and dashboards
– Recommend marketing activities and create marketing plans including estimating costs and managing project to completion
– Track marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide recommendations for future marketing promotions
– Reporting for marketing director and finance department on fiscal status
– Good verbal and written communications skills.
– Skilled at creating presentations and graphics.
– Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross-functional teams.
– Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
– Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
– Broad understanding of NetApp’s products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
Responsibility and Interaction:
– The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are well defined and utilize and build understanding of standard principals and practices within a team environment.
– This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects, and may communicate with employees in other functions as required.
– Regular and detailed direction is provided, as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
– The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to team projects.
Education and Experience
– No prior experience is required. Most new employees in this position have 0-2 years experience.
– A Technical Trade or Associate of Arts Degree, or related courses is preferable.
– Generally, a Marketing Intern at this level is learning the practical basics of marketing and understanding NetApp products in an environment where they can be an important contributor.